Nobody likes writing code without good editor support. Luckily you don't have to. Use the new
preview release of the Gosu plugin for IntelliJ IDEA 11 and access all of the great features you
love in IntelliJ. While this is a work in progress it is the preferred IDE for Gosu.
- Create Gosu classes, programs, etc.
- Syntax highlighting and error highlighting
- Go to Declaration (including Quick Definition lookup)
- Code completion
- Parameter information
- Find Usages
- Rename and Move refactorings
- Code formatter
- Code inspections and intentions
- Structure View (including the File Structure Popup)
- Hierarchy view
- Go to Class, Go to Symbol
- Brace matching
- Code folding
- Launch Gosu programs directly via IJ run configurations
- Debug Gosu
- Gosu scratchpad
- Incremental Gosu compiler
- Custom typeloader support
- Hyperlink to Gosu from stack traces
The plugin is hosted on the IntelliJ IDEA Plugin Repository and you can download it directly from within IntelliJ IDEA. To download and install the plugin, follow detailed installation instructions in the documentation.
For a detailed introduction to the language, see the full documentation.
For a detailed version history on the plugin on the IntelliJ site, click here.